Another excellent resource from the Learn English British Council website.
Listen to an interview with a retired doctor, Rajan Mehta, about his life working in the UK.
What do you think a paediatrician is?
Follow the title link
- do the preparation task and match the words to their correct descriptions
- put the questions in the order they were asked in the interview
- listen and locate specific information from an audio file
- rewrite a postcard that Doctor Mehta sent to India in 1967
“A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song”. Maya Angelou
And a few words on love:
A truly inspiring woman who has done an amazing number of things in her life. One of which is writing poems. She read one at President Clinton’s Inauguration in 1993. Find out about her and her life at http://mayaangelou.com/ An amazing woman.
A British Council TEFL Immigration Resource
- to help build up empathy and understanding of immigration issues
- to develop vocabulary, reading and listening comprehension skills, sentence formation and knowledge of articles of grammar (adjectives)
After I had published the blog about immigrants to New York; I found this resource. It develops an understanding of the issues of migration and associated vocabulary. It is broad in it’s perspective and sensitively written.
There is a vocabulary definition exercise, a video, a matching exercise matching individuals to different reasons for moving, true/false questions, an opportunity to order words in sentences and a gap fill exercise using adjectives.
It is probably a simpler resource so it could be tackled first to build up an understanding of the main issues. Some students may want to just tackle this resource on it’s own.
Go to Communicative Resources Page
Practise TEFL Reading and Listening Skills.
A good selection of tours from different time periods and different geographical locations. Full of images and quality information from experts.
TEFL Communication Resources
free English resources for TEFL teachers and students