A Short Story about a Wedding
- The resource will help you develop new vocabulary, an awareness of when the modal verbs ‘could’ and ‘would’ are used and an understanding of how the past tense is used in narratives or stories.
- This fantastic resource pack gives you plenty of practise with reading and listening skills and there are fantastic recipes to work with after. You could even try them out yourselves.
I love working with narrative resources. Often good social issues arise from them; mainly from the setting in which they are placed (the issues maybe historical, cultural or geographically based).
This resource is no exception; the main issue in the story is the question around ‘arranged marriages’.
Follow Up Work
- What type of marriages are there in your culture? Do you have ‘arranged marriages’? How do you feel about them?
- What advice would you give to a confused person having to make the choice between a ‘love marriage’ or an ‘arranged marriage’?
- Do you have any special recipes or food that you serve at weddings? Write out the recipe yourself of describe the food that is served in your own words.